Each handmade piece from I Thought of You is the result of a lifetime of craftsmanship, often passed down from generations within families. Take a look into our artisans’ workshops to see how they transform sustainable materials into one-of-a-kind, eco-friendly styles.
Our all-woman team of artisans in South America are hard at work creating one-of-a-kind works of art with upcycled fruit, nuts, berries, and beans. These products in our Made From FruitTM line have quickly become best sellers since being introduced in early 2015.
Orange peels are collected from street juice vendors. These upcycled pieces, which would have otherwise been thrown away, are cleaned and prepped to be transformed into flowers, twists, or spirals. After drying in the sun for seven days, they harden to a texture similar to stiff leather while retaining the natural oils for a light citrus scent. Natural dyes are added to create bright styles, or the peels can remain uncolored for a whiteish hue.
Our artisans in Indonesia enjoy working with durable glass beads and sustainably harvested shell. These looks are surprisingly lightweight and can come in a variety or bright or neutral shades. Each bead is hand-strung for a stunning conversation piece.
We sell a variety of styles featuring these materials including necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and accessories.
Our group of women artisans from Uganda specialize in beaded jewelry made from upcycled paper. The vibrant colors unique to each piece offer a new way to show off your one-of-a-kind style.
Our wooden products feature five types of wood. Each are sustainably harvested and chosen for their durability and beauty. Some items feature a natural wood hue, while others use natural colorings to create a bright look.
- Rain Tree Wood: This durable hardwood with subtle patterns is harvested from large, umbrella-shaped canopy flowering trees in Southeast Asia.
- Indian Rosewood: A high quality wood grown in Southeast Asia. Indian Rosewood is dense, strong, and durable.
- Mahogany: A tropical hardwood species with a straight grain wood prized for it’s beauty, durability, and color.
- Crocodile Wood: A coarse, straight-grained heartwood with few markings most commonly found in southern India.
- Albesia Wood: A soft, white wood native to Indonesia.
Our team of artisans in India are some of the most talented weavers we’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. Their line of warm- and cool-weather scarves are made from a variety of sustainable and upcycled materials.